Program Description: The TAB (Test Adjusting and Balancing) Specialist will lead commissioning activities throughout the POD design, manufacturing and testing process. This position will ensure that all HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) and TAB work aligns with national standards for testing.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions represent the fundamental job duties and accountabilities of the employment position the individual holding the position must be capable of performing. Persons with disabilities can perform these with or without reasonable accommodations. The Director or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable scope of the appropriate professional job function.
Commissioning Documentation Generation 50%
• Creates and follows test procedures for HVAC and TAB testing
• Verifies that equipment used in the TAB meet industry standards
• Generates test forms for execution during Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
Commissioning Execution 50%
• Travels to job sites, interacts well with customer (Up to 40% of the time to various suppliers, collaborators and client sites outside of College Station.)
• Executes TAB and associated tests during FAT and SAT
• Adjusts fan speeds, pump speeds, fan rotation, heating/cooling, and other mechanical systems
• Adjusts actuated and/or manual dampers to ensure correct pressures
• Completes paperwork legibly and in alignment with Pharmaceutical Good Documentation Practices
• Performs site inspections and collaborates with customer on host facility HVAC systems
• Uses software in commissioning and validation work
• Communicates regularly and in a professional manner with both internal team members and customers
Marginal Job Functions:
Marginal job functions identify accountabilities that are preformed but are not essential as defined above. Marginal job functions may be reassigned and must not prohibit the employment of a person with disabilities.
• Manages TAB equipment
• Provides guidance and expertise as part of multi-disciplinary teams
• Performs training and receives certifications as needed and ultimately receives and maintains NEBB TAB Certified Professional certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Required High School Diploma, Associate degree, or Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning certificate from certified college/technical school
Required Knowledge of HVAC systems, including design, installation, operations and maintenance
Highly Preferred NEBB TAB Certified Technician or NEBB TAB Certified Professional
Preferred NEBB Certified in Cleanroom Performance Testing(CPT)
Preferred Experience working with Automation systems including Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Johnson Control, etc.
Preferred Experience working and knowledge pertaining to Pharmaceutical Cleanrooms
Intermediate Skill in basic computer functions such as word processors, spreadsheets, and internet usage
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and workplace policies. Ability to analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to analyze and interpret technical research journals. Ability to write professional correspondences. Ability to present information in small group and large group situations to customer, strategic business partners, the general public, and other employees. Ability to effectively present information to administrators, management, and other employees.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to carry out business objectives. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Focus and action-oriented. Performance under little structure. Flexibility and coping with change. Multitasking. Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment. Freedom to work without supervision.
• Up to 40% Travel
• Ability to make decisions and recommendations
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism with personnel and management
• Collaborative team player
• Ability to gather, organize and analyze information skillfully
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Communicate effectively through oral and written communication