Project Engineer 2
Program Description: The Project Engineer 2 is the link between the project manager, manufacturing and the technical disciplines involved in a project. The Project Engineer 2 shall have a thorough understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering principles.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Provide guidance and support to Project Engineer 1
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions represent the fundamental job duties and accountability of the employment position the individual holding the position must be capable of performing. Persons with disabilities can perform these with or without reasonable accommodations. The Director or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountability limited to those consistent with the applicable scope of the appropriate professional job function.
Leads Project Engineers in Preliminary Product Draft, Design and Design Evaluation 40%
• Confirms Project Engineer 1 are properly using computer assisted design/drafting (CAD) equipment and software, such as AutoCAD and Revit, to develop designs/layouts, elevations, and realistic renderings
• Redlines EOR and vendor shop drawings while reviewing for accuracy, completeness and coordination with other POD components in both 2 and 3D-dimensional form
• Assists Project Engineer 1 in detailing custom configurations and in drafting finished designs from sketches
• Prepares material take-offs and leads reviews with Manufacturing Leads and Project Manager
• Frequently reviews plan set markups based on as-built conditions
• Adheres to and maintains an organized file system for production drawings
• Leads and upholds revision practices to production drawings
• Assists in training/mentoring of Project Engineer 1
Contributes to the Design and Engineering of PODs® 40%
• Leads collaboration with internal and external engineering resources to assist in completing the design of each POD
o Assists PM to develop EOR and vendor scope of work
o Leads design reviews with EOR, vendors, Project Manager and Manufacturing
o Redlines drawings and submittals
o Daily or weekly phone calls for status updates and to close action items
o Review of EOR or Project Engineer 1 meeting minutes for accuracy and completeness
o Issue meeting minutes to attendees with clearly defined action items
• Maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies
• Coordinates with internal and external resources to execute projects on time and on budget
• Communicates with Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Manufacturing regarding new and revised prints
Supports Other Groups 20%
• Assists in the development and review of G-CON Standard Operating Procedures
• Assists in the execution of Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Testing protocol
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and/or training: Science, Engineering, Technology, or Math
Minimum of 3-5 years Related experience using design software
Intermediate Skills and knowledge in using CAD software
Intermediate Knowledge in design for manufacturing
Intermediate Knowledge in Lean manufacturing initiatives
Advanced Knowledge and ability to read and use technical drawings
Advanced Skill in documentation and attention to detail
Advanced Skill in basic computer functions such as word processors, spreadsheets, and internet usage
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and policies. Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, technical research journals, and governmental regulations. Ability to write professional correspondences. Ability to present information to customer, strategic business partners, the public, and other employees. Ability to effectively present information to administrators, management, and other employees.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Focus and action-oriented. Performance under little structure. Flexibility and coping with change. Multitasking. Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment. Freedom to work from supervision.
• Must be able to visually communicate concepts, draw well and be very detail oriented
• Must have an aptitude for building design and willing to specialize in pharmaceutical facilities design
• Ability to make decisions and recommendations
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism with personnel and management
• Collaborative team player
• Ability to gather, organize, and analyze information skillfully
• Must be able to communicate effectively through oral and written communication