Program Description: The senior engineer provides mentoring and technical training for the project engineers. The senior engineer also acts a subject matter expert on POD components and design. This person would be a higher-level contact for engineering disciplines involved in a project and actively involved in conceptual design. It is preferred that the senior engineer shall have a thorough understanding of drafting techniques and design and review software including AutoCAD, Revit, BIM360 and Navisworks.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Provide guidance and support to project engineering team
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions represent the fundamental job duties and accountability of the employment position the individual holding the position must be capable of performing. Persons with disabilities can perform these with or without reasonable accommodations. The Director or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountability limited to those consistent with the applicable scope of the appropriate professional job function.
Leads Project Engineers in Design and Design Evaluation 20%
• Reviews Project Engineer 2 redlines of EOR and vendor shop drawings for accuracy, completeness and coordination with other POD components.
• Advises internal and external engineering resources to assist in completing the design of each
• Reviews G-CON generated drawings for accuracy, completeness and coordination with other POD components prior to customer review or release for fabrication.
Contributes to the Design and Engineering of PODs 20%
• Evaluates new methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies by staying current on industry trends and participation in industry organizations
• Ensures PODs are compliant and contemporary by staying current on industry trends and participation in industry organizations
• Initiates design changes to improve process or product performance and quality, or decrease costs
• Assists in training/mentoring of project engineers
Mentors Project Engineers 10%
• Leads and upholds revision practices to production drawings
• Develops and presents training on relevant topics such as Lessons Learned, Industry Trends, G-CON Standards, Software Updates/Usage, Customer Communication and Project Engineering Roles and Responsibilities
• Leads by example to foster a company culture of collaboration, innovation and teamwork
• Updates Engineering Manager on performance issues, and feedback from younger staff
• Manages day to day duties of Engineering Interns and updates Engineering Manager on quality of work
Supports Other Groups 20%
• Works closely with Sales and Project Management during sales and conceptual design phases to prepare BOD, submitting that deviate from standard components, and layouts
• Works closely with Project Management and Manufacturing to standardize the design and fabrication process to reduce costs and enhance the customer experience
• Works closely with Marketing and Design in establishing cost trade-offs
• Stays current on industry trends for 3D modeling, VR and AR to help customers make critical design decisions
Research and Development of GCON Product Lines 30%
• Leads cross functional teams for lean improvement projects
• Develops and leads test protocols to evaluate research & development efforts
• Develops and reviews GCON Standard Operating Procedures
• Collaborates with Quality to update Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Testing protocols if required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree that meets the following conditions: Degree in Engineering which has been accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (EAC/ABET) and/or 5 years working in Pharmaceutical or Biotech Industry related to facility design and construction.
• All international applicants must show English language proficiency by meeting one of the following requirements below:
◦ International English Language Testing System (IELTS) band score of 7.0 or higher
◦ The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 95 on internet-based examination
Licensing Currently holds a Professional Engineering License preferred but not required
Minimum of 5 years Practicing the fundamentals of engineering. Using design software related to engineering
Advanced Skills and knowledge in using computer-aided design systems (CADs).
Intermediate Knowledge in design for manufacturing
Intermediate Knowledge in Lean manufacturing initiatives
Advanced Knowledge and ability to read and use technical drawings
Advanced Skill in documentation and attention to detail
Advanced Skill in basic computer functions such as word processors, spreadsheets, and internet usage
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and work place policies. Ability to analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to analyze and interpret technical research journals. Ability to write professional correspondences. Ability to present information in small group and large group situations to customer, strategic business partners, the general public, and other employees. Ability to effectively present information to administrators, management, and other employees.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to carry out business objectives. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Focus and action-oriented. Performance under little structure. Flexibility and coping with change. Multitasking. Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment. Freedom to work from supervision.
• Must be proficient in and be able to teach CAD (Revit & Autocad)
• Must be able to visually communicate concepts, draw well and be very detail oriented
• Must have an aptitude for building design and willing to specialize in pharmaceutical facilities design
• Ability to make decisions and recommendations
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism with personnel and management
• Lead a team
• Ability to gather, organize and analyze information skillfully
• Must be able to communicate effectively through oral and written communication