Project Manager - Building Services
Program Description: Project Manager is responsible for the oversight, coordination, and direction of project teams including design, procurement, construction, and validation. This position will provide estimating, scheduling, and strategic planning services as necessary. It is preferable that the Project Manager have experience in estimating and use of scheduling software like Project or P6. Project experience in Pharmaceutical, biotech, and R&D laboratories preferred. Validation experience a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervision of all subcontracting companies and independent contractors. Occasionally, position will manage G-CON project team when they are resourced to your project.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions represent the fundamental job duties and accountability of the employment position the individual holding the position must be capable of performing. Persons with disabilities can perform these with or without reasonable accommodations. The Director or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountability limited to those consistent with the applicable scope of the appropriate professional job function.
Manage Projects, Team-members and Contractors 80%
• Create detailed project estimates, schedules, requests for proposals, contracts and other supporting documents to ensure the successful execution of projects
• Possess a strong ability to work independently without assistance or supervision
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Implement and maintain effective management, planning, and cost control systems in cooperation with the project team
• Determine project staffing requirements, roles and responsibilities in coordination with company policies
• Participate in engineering design and construct-ability review of cleanroom design documents, including but not limited to specifications, drawings, and submissions
• Develop a procurement plan in coordination with Procurement Division
• Lead the collaboration with internal and external resources to complete the design, build, & commissioning of each project
• Communicate with Quality Assurance, Engineering, and POD project managers to resource plan activities
• Pre-qualify and secure bids from contractors with industry relevant experience
• Ensures current construction documents are provided to the subcontracted teams
• Educate and train external contractors on the POD project deliverables and the difference/similarity from traditional construction methods
• Ensures host facility requirements are successfully completed to ensure efficient installation of the PODs.
• Review all work and approves final state
• Ensures projects are led with outstanding service and care
• Remain knowledgeable of Prime agreement, subcontract, and vendor terms and conditions.
• Manage project closeout activities.
Contributes to the Sale of Services 20%
• Attend potential client or strategic alignment meetings. Travel required.
• Competently present G-CON Building Services offerings to potential clients.
• Attend conferences or events as a representative.
• Participate in after-hours business development as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in architectural engineering or construction science related field and/or 5 years working in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Mission Critical Industry related design and construction.
All international applicants must show English language proficiency by meeting one of the following requirements below:
◦ International English Language Testing System (IELTS) band score of 7.0 or higher
◦ The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 95 on internet-based examination
Minimum of 5 years Leadership position in construction project management for the pharmaceutical or mission critical industries
Advanced Skills related to project scheduling and material planning
Advanced Skills related to project estimates and budget control
Intermediate Knowledge in construction for pharmaceutical environments
Advanced Knowledge and ability to read and use technical drawings
Advanced Skill in documentation and attention to detail
Advanced Skill in basic computer functions such as word processors, spreadsheets, and internet usage
The position is in College Station, TX and will be expected to emanate from College Station but will require extensive travel to client sites. This travel will be required as needed to ensure the success of assigned projects. Permanent site travel is expected from this position.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to carry out business objectives. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Focus and action-oriented. Performance under little structure. Flexibility and coping with change. Multitasking. Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment. Freedom to work from supervision.
• Must be able to visually communicate concepts and ideas as well as be very detail oriented
• Must have an aptitude for building construction and willing to specialize in pharmaceutical facilities
• Ability to make decisions and recommendations
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism with personnel and management
• Lead a team of outside contractors
• Ability to gather, organize and analyze information skillfully
• Must be able to communicate effectively through oral and written communication