Sales Engineer (East Coast)
Program Description: This position is responsible for managing customer projects and technically supporting customers, including solidifying customer leads, determining customer needs, defining POD requirements, designing facility lay-out(s) and submitting conceptual drawings, managing customer expectations from start through POD implementation, and determining needs for other resources and access when applicable. This position shall also support G-CON marketing activities through conferences, tradeshows, and publications.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions represent the fundamental job duties and accountabilities of the employment position that the individual holding the position must be capable of performing. Persons with disabilities can perform these with or without reasonable accommodations. The Director or his/her designee may assign other duties limited to those consistent with the applicable scope of the appropriate professional job function.
Supports, reviews and solidifies customer leads - 50%
• Presents and discusses G-CON capabilities and POD technology with potential customers
• Provides technical support to G-CON Business Development team and representatives
• Follows-up on customer inquiries
• Solidifies the lead generated by either sales, the web or others sources
• Determines feasibility of POD technology within the customers requirements
• Advises customers
• Generates conceptual layouts and budgetary proposals
• Coordinates with process equipment providers for integration within PODs
• Provides input to management team for generating and updating sales projection forecasts
Management of customer projects - 30%
• Establishes meeting(s) with customer(s) and determines the facility or process design needs
• Creates pre-conceptual design in accordance with customer requirements and project timeline
• Collaborates with internal and external engineering resources to complete all design phases
• Works closely with process equipment providers to understand equipment and utility requirements
• Performs the functions required as per POD Sales Process procedures and coordinates with Operations team
• Up-dates customer on regarding the design, production and delivery status of a project or standard PODs
• Gives feed-back on design or functionality improvements of the PODs through lessons learned activities
• Supports the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) of the POD and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) at the customer site
Conferences, Presentations, and Publications - 20%
• Attends conferences and tradeshows that G-CON exhibits at
• Presentations at regional conferences or customer venues
• Writing of white papers and articles for publication purposes
• Supports G-CON social media marketing efforts
• Participation in industry organizations and initiatives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree: Mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, bio engineering or other related discipline
Minimum of 5-10 years: Pharmaceutical and/or biotech work experience, especially design and engineering of related facilities, areas or processes
Advanced Knowledge in cGMP, qualification or process validation requirements
Advanced Knowledge in cleanroom and/or controlled area designs and specifications
Advanced Knowledge in facility lay-out and regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical and biotech products
Advanced Knowledge in project management and related coordination of different functions
Intermediate Knowledge in design transfer to manufacturing
Intermediate Skills and knowledge in using computer-aided design systems (ACAD, Revit).
Advanced Skill in report writing, articulation and correspondence with customers
Advanced Skill in basic computer functions such as word processors, spreadsheets, and internet usage
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and work place policies. Ability to analyze, interpret general business periodicals, procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to analyze and interpret technical research journals. Ability to write professional correspondences. Ability to present information in small group and large group situations to customer, strategic business partners, the general public, and other employees. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community. Ability to effectively present information to administrators, top management, public groups, community, and Board of Directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and design and interpret charts and graphs to communicate business issues. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inferences to engineering and business issues.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to carry out business objectives. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Customer focus and action-oriented. Approachable and team oriented. Reliable performance under little structure. Flexibility and coping with change. Multitasking. Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment. Freedom to work from supervision.
• Ability to travel regularly, primarily within the Eastern USA, Texas, and occasionally internationally
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism with personnel and management
• Collaborative team player
• Ability to gather, organize and analyze information skillfully
• Must be able to communicate effectively through oral and written communication