Program Description: The BIM Coordinator utilizes CAD software to support Project Engineers by preparing shop drawings of architectural, structural, mechanical HVAC, mechanical piping, plumbing, process piping and electrical systems. The BIM Coordinator shall develop G-CON drafting procedures and tools to design and review fully coordinated POD assemblies.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions represent the fundamental job duties and accountabilities of the employment position the individual holding the position must be capable of performing. Persons with disabilities can perform these with or without reasonable accommodations. The Director or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable scope of the appropriate professional job function.
Assists Engineers in Preliminary Product Draft, Design and Design Evaluation 80%
• Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software, such as AutoCAD and Revit, to develop designs/layouts, elevations, and realistic renderings per G-CON drafting standards
• Develops shop drawings using EOR drawings, component data sheets and vendor drawings
• Creates drawings in both 2 and 3-dimensional form
• Makes drafts and assists in the final sketch of proposed drawings, checking dimension of parts, the relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project
• Updated plan sets and models based on Manufacturing redlines of as-built conditions. Records updates in a spreadsheet for EOR review if needed to seal Third Party inspection sets or final as-built SAT drawings.
• Assists Project Engineer 2 with material take-offs
• Adheres to and maintains an organized file system for production drawings
• Upholds revision practices to production drawings
• Assist in training/mentoring of Project Engineers on G-CON drafting procedures and tools
Supports External Departments as Needed 20%
• Assists as needed with redlining plan sets based on as-built conditions
• Models new manufacturing extrusions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience and/or training: Applied Science in Architectural & Engineering Computer Aided Drafting and Design, Certificate, Drafting and Design Technology
Minimum of 2-5 years Related experience using design software
Advanced Skills and knowledge in using computer-aided design systems (CADs).
Basic Knowledge in design for manufacturability
Basic Knowledge in Lean manufacturing initiatives
Advanced Knowledge and ability to read and use technical drawings
Advanced Skill in documentation and attention to detail
Advanced Skill in basic computer functions such as word processors, spreadsheets, and internet usage
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and work place policies. Ability to analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to analyze and interpret technical research journals. Ability to write professional correspondences. Ability to present information in small group and large group situations to customer, strategic business partners, the general public, and other employees. Ability to effectively present information to administrators, management, and other employees.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to carry out business objectives. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Focus and action-oriented. Performance under little structure. Flexibility and coping with change. Multitasking. Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment. Freedom to work from supervision.
• Must be proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
• Must be able to visually communicate concepts, draw well and be very detail oriented
• Must have an aptitude for building design and willing to specialize in pharmaceutical facilities design
• Ability to make decisions and recommendations
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism with personnel and management
• Collaborative team player
• Ability to gather, organize and analyze information skillfully
• Must be able to communicate effectively through oral and written communication